THE MUSICAL TATTER

Friday, July 8, 2011

MY STAR FISH STORY - AND I'M STICKING TO IT!

It's Friday and another week has flown by.  This summer is passing quickly and school starts in about another month!  My grandson is going into the first grade and is so excited about starting school.  I wonder how long that will last?  It's fun to see him so excited, though.  


We went on a quick trip to Florida a couple of weeks ago and my grandson and I spent most of the time collecting shells.  We also went to a couple of shell stores where I found some of my favorite star fish and bought about $6.00 of them.  I couldn't wait to get back home to use them in my creations.  Well, my daughter left them outside the night we returned home because they didn't smell too good--I guess they were "fresh."  The next morning, my star fish were eaten up!  I guess someone was hungry and the star fish tasted good.  I was so disappointed that I lost my star fish, but was also happy that someone had the opportunity to feast  on a very expensive meal--you might say it was gourmet food for them.  Those star fish must have tasted really good!


So, now I'm looking for more star fish . . . . . . 

1 comment:

Joansie said...

Living near the ocean, I collected many a seashell/starfish. Difficult to make them smell good even when using water and bleach.

Favorite Web Sites