THE MUSICAL TATTER

Sunday, July 10, 2011

My New Ring Collection




I have always loved jewelry and started making it a few years ago.  I have made earrings, necklaces and bracelets, but never rings.  A few months ago, I saw a ring that I liked and searched for many, many hours to find the pieces to make these rings.  Along with my tatting, I started designing these rings, because it seemed they fit right into my tatting and lacy look.  Of course, I have to add my tatting somehow, so I made a medallion that can be slipped over the ring.  It is stiff, so it stays without sliding around.  I call it my Tatted Ring Jacket.  If someone likes the "big" ring look, it sure adds to the size.  The medallion can also be added to other rings to change the look.


 So, now I am selling my rings locally and on my Etsy.  They are doing very well--they are not too big so they get in the way of working with your hands, and not so small that they are not noticed.  I like the look--sort of contemporary but still old-world looking.  So, I'm having fun with this new line of rings.

3 comments:

Joansie said...

The rings are beautiful. Good luck with the sales on Etsy.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I have always wanted to tat after watching my grandmother do it. seems I only tie knots that don't move! LOL! Your work is lovely!

Sabrina Lopez said...

Hi Linda, I'm coming from FB, you left your link, nice rings, I'm your newest follower.Come visit me :)

Favorite Web Sites