THE MUSICAL TATTER

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Another Week Has Flown By!

I can't believe how fast the time goes.  And I never get everything done that I want to accomplish.  However, I did accomplish making another little journal cover.  I have posted the pictures for you to see it. This time, I made a little heart out of clay, watercolor painted it and then added glitter.  It seems that everything looks better with a little glitter these days.  I am also into flower making now and really enjoy making them.  I'm not very good at growing flowers, but I can sure sew flowers :)






I had an interesting Wednesday this week.  I sang at another assisted living home and had to sing for one hour.  That meant singing about 20 songs!  I'm glad my voice held up until the end, but just barely.  I sang lots of jazz standards and threw in some Carole King and Linda Ronstadt, too.  It was fun and I could see that the residents were enjoying hearing all those old songs.  They were even mouthing the words as I sang.  It really did my heart good to see that.  It seems that even though our memory fades, the words to favorite songs never fade.  They are always remembered.  Isn't that strange that we should remember words to music but can't remember what we did yesterday?  I am convinced that hearing music is good for the soul, no matter what age we are.  

No comments:

Favorite Web Sites