THE MUSICAL TATTER

Friday, September 18, 2009

My Busy Week!


We are right in the middle of National Assisted Living Week and tomorrow, we will be at the Memory Walk for the Alzheimer's Association. They have asked me to sing at the event, so I will be singing the National Anthem and "You Lift Me Up", plus some more selections while everyone is walking. They will release the balloons when I sing "You Lift Me Up".

I've got to take my camera today to Elmcroft to take pictures of our ongoing craft booth we have had all week. We have sold things everyday and are making a little money at the booth. The residents have enjoyed the different crafts and I even did a tatting demonstration yesterday and they were in awe (not because I was so great, but because of the beauty of the tatting). I love to hear the comments from people when I tat. Most of them have never seen it and I like to see their response when I start to produce the little lacy medallion as I tat.

It's funny - some of the people think my medallions are manufactured until I tell them that they are actually handmade. So much these days is machine produced, it is just assumed that all lace is made by a machine. Most people are not very observant - I have to actually tell them before they figure it out. I think we need to take more opportunities to demonstrate tatting. The fashion industry these days is using a lot of lace in their collections, and I think that our tatting could fit right in with everything, don't you? Today, someone even sent me an email with their little knitted hats and said that a medallion would look nice on the side of the hat. I agreed wholeheartedly and asked her if she would like to try it. I'm waiting for her response.

I'll take some pictures of the craft booth today and put them into my next post for you to see. Happy tatting, Linda

No comments:

Favorite Web Sites