THE MUSICAL TATTER

Saturday, August 7, 2010

My New Friend!






As I've told you in the past, I work part time as an Activities Director for a wonderful assisted living home. Two weeks ago, Deedee Parsons moved in. She is a very talented crafter and I am so excited she is with us. She's just like me--she likes lots of arts and crafts and makes many things. She has Parkinson's so at times, it is hard for her to move. But when she is feeling good, she makes wonderful little dolls with various outfits on. No two are alike. I told her that I would help her sell some of them since she only has a small studio apartment and her little dolls are already taking over the place.

She also makes snowmen--but that's for another post. I have posted some pictures of her precious little dolls (they are about 13" tall). They are completely hand and machine stitched by her. All of the hair is completely sewn into the head and not glued.

Hope you enjoy them--and if you are interested in any of them, just let me know. The two that I have posted on here are also for sale on Etsy. I will be sharing more of them with you in the next few days.

3 comments:

Joansie said...

The dolls are beautiful! Too bad I don't have granddaughters. I'm sure she will have no problems selling them on Etsy!

Umintsuru said...

I love that blue dress doll. Has it been sold? Would it be possible to get one similar one? Please e-mail me at umintsuru@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I'm sorry but the blue dress doll was one that sold yesterday. I'll see if she has another similar one.

Favorite Web Sites