THE MUSICAL TATTER

Saturday, August 14, 2010

I've Been Busy!





Well, it's finally August and maybe we'll see some cooler days in another month. Not lately, though. For the last 3 months, we have been averaging every day in the high 90's and 100's, and it has been pretty miserable. But I am getting to see a little glimpse of fall coming (it's only 94 today!). I am getting into gear to make "stuff" and here are pictures of my first order. I have no idea what my customer is using my little bags for--maybe some nice smelling sachets. They took me awhile, but I enjoy making them so the process was fun. We are also having a vendor show at Elmcroft where I work at the end of the month, so I'm preparing for that as well. I am also traveling to Maine in September, and am really excited about that! I will see my family up there and also visit some favorite places. So, things are looking up around here and my spirits are rising as well.

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The bags are so pretty! I would fill them with lavender.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Diane! That's what I filled the bag in the first picture with. I think I'm going to get some rice and mix it with the lavender. And then, I'll add more lavender oil so that the scent will last longer.

Cindy said...

Those little bags are gorgeous! They are perfect for sachets, or even pretty jewelry.

Joansie said...

Linda, is that tatting on the little bags? They are gorgeous. You must write and tell me where in Maine you are going. That is my home state. I'm from Southern Maine but my paternal side of the family all live in Calais and along the way on Rt. 1.

Favorite Web Sites