THE MUSICAL TATTER

Friday, June 6, 2008

My Painting - The Goodby


I love all forms of art, including painting in oils. I probably should narrow down my "loves" because I seem to be dabbling in many things but not concentrating on any one thing. My mother drew many beautiful ladies for me in my young life and I have always remembered asking her to draw me one more. So, I decided to draw some myself and here is one that I painted. My mother only drew with pencil and never really explored art like she should have, because she would have been very good at it. But her love was knitting and she knitted all her life. I guess she felt that was more practical, and she was right. But I'm not really the practical one--I just love to create. This lady looks so sad because she is saying goodby to someone she loves.

No comments:

Favorite Web Sites