THE MUSICAL TATTER

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Life's Situations




I have been absent for too long, I know. Our family has had it's share of heartache this year. First, my husband got sick and didn't get well for about 10 months. He's still not 100% but is much better and has now returned to work. He was out of work for six months--hardly ever missed a day of work in over 40 years. Then, my mom passed away in May. Now, my husband's mom has also passed on--two weeks ago. Hopefully, 2010 will be a better year for us.

Anyway, the only peace I have had is what the Lord has given me and my tatting and crocheting. I also enjoy working with the residents at Elmcroft Assisted Living. That has helped alot. Oh, and I should also mention my little grandson, Blythe, who lives with us. And yes, I am thankful for all my friends and their faithful prayers. And I know that having the peace that God gives is so much more than these other things . . . . but it all helps.

Despite everything, I still have much to be thankful for--as we all do. As my daughter's photograph depicts, life is a road that we travel. We do not know what lies ahead--and I'm glad I don't know. That way, it makes me rely on my faith more day by day. Dear Lord, thank You for everything You have given me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,
That is a very sweet post! Thank you for sharing all the lovely things you are thankful for! I am sorry to hear that you and your family have had such a rough patch this year, but glad you have your faith to help strengthen and sustain you.

Thank you, also, for the sweet comment you left on my blog today! I really appreciate it. It is good to see you back in blogland. I hope things get better for you here on out!
((Hugs))
~TattingChic ♥

Favorite Web Sites