THE MUSICAL TATTER

Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Craft Show is Over!

Well, I messed up and forgot my camera to take pictures of my craft show. So, I'll just have to tell you about it. It lasted for two days and was held at the assisted living home where I work and a great big living room. I had a U-shaped design made with six large tables so people could walk around inside and see everything. I raised money for the Alzheimer's Organization called "Memory Walk" and was responsible to raise $100. Well, I raised much, much more than $100 and I'm so happy! It was such a success! And in addition, I made some money on my creations, too. Everyone wants me to do another one in November and I'm thinking very seriously about doing it. Many of the items were made by our residents, so that was very special. We made greeting cards out of rubber stamps and scrapbook paper and probably sold around 20 - 25 cards. The crafty residents were so proud of themselves! Someone else took some pictures so I'll see if he can email them to me. I'm tired now because, as many of you know, craft shows are not easy--especially when you have to carry everything in and carry what you did not sell out! Plus, tearing down all the tables, etc., is not an easy feat. But, all in all, it was very well worth it and I know that I burned up some extra calories doing it!

No comments:

Favorite Web Sites